2021-2022 Budget Vote Info
The Board of Education of the Oakfield-Alabama Central School District will have two (2) vacancies to be filled in this year’s election (upon the expiration of the terms of Tim Edgerton and Lorna Klotzbach). The new members will be elected to a three-year term commencing on July 1, 2021 and expiring on June 30, 2024.
All interested candidates are invited to pick up a Petition for Board Member Nomination form from the District Office, Monday through Friday between 7:30 am and 3 pm. All petitions must be filed with the Clerk of the District no later than 5 pm on April 19, 2021.
Qualifications for membership on a school board include:
- Must be able to read and write;
- Must be a qualified voter of the district; that is, a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older;
- Must be and have been a resident (but need not be a taxpayer) of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year;
- May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year;
- May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family;
- May not be a current employee of the school board; and
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.
Candidates are asked to include a photo and short autobiography along with their petition so that the school district may publish it in its upcoming budget brochure.